Calibration and Measurements Laboratory (CML) of SQAG is calibrating Division’s Test and Calibration equipment at corporate level in ECIL in the Electro-technical field.
- Calibration and Measurements Laboratory is accredited to NABL since 1996.
- CML received accreditation for 9 parameters: Viz., DC Voltage, DC Current, AC Voltage, AC Current, DC Resistance, Capacitance, Inductance, Frequency and Oscilloscope parameters.
- An Environmental Test laboratory meant for both component / unit / system evaluation. It has Dry / Damp heat chambers, Walk in chambers, Dust / Rain chambers, Vibration and bump test facilities.
- It went for re-certifications in 1999, 2002, 2005, 2007,2009 and in 2016.
- This Laboratory is extending its spare time and capacity to calibrate the equipment of External Parties to generate external revenue.
- NABL accreditation certificate is valid for 2 years and then one has to go for re-certification.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), New Delhi, is the national board under Dept of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology, empowered to accord accreditation to both Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- This is the only organization that can certify a laboratory after assessing its Technical and Management capabilities in India.
- NABL accredits all the Testing and Calibration Laboratories in any field. Viz., Chemical, Electrical, Electro-technical, Mechanical, Thermal, Fluid Flow, Medical, Radiological etc., as per International Standard ISO/IEC 17025.
The International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 defines the ‘General requirements for the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories’.
International Recognition to NABL:
NABL maintains its linkages with the international bodies like International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC) and Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (APLAC).
- NABL is a full member of both ILAC and APLAC.
- NABL is a signatory to ILAC as well as APLAC Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRA), which is based on mutual evaluation and acceptance of other MRA Partner laboratory accreditation systems. MRA (Mutual Recognition Arrangements) is signed by 106 Countries.
- This has enabled accredited laboratories to achieve a form of international recognition.
- Because of which the Calibration Certificates issued in an NABL accredited Laboratory is recognized in all the 106 MRA signatory Countries. This effectively reduces costs for both the exporters and the importers, as it eliminates the need for products to be retested in another country.